Discussion for Proposal to Reduce CAKE Token Total Supply

I would like to add one more thing: What you may be worried about now is that after the price of Cake rises, the destruction will not be enough to produce enough.

The solution is to quickly propose a syrup pool production reduction when the price rises. V3 itself has high-yield handling fees. Compared with the top ETH projects, CAKE’s future goal should be 0 output. If 0 output is achieved, the project will not be used. The CAKE of repurchase fees can be distributed instead of destroyed. This is also one of the plans that may be realized in the future.

p.s. I made a typo above, it should be 450M and 400M, sorry.

2 Likes

sounds great … very great

4 Likes

Specifically for the ACE Syrup Pool please visit PCS’s Syrup Pool page above.

2 Likes

Hi Dimitris, apologies for misunderstanding.

I understand the options you’ve presented, and these are also plausible alternative scenarios. As of now, we are still proceeding on the path that is set out in our v2.5 Tokenomics DAO vote.

For reference, higher APRs on staking CAKE, with lower levels of supply deflation/no deflation have been presented as options during this vote (Voting | PancakeSwap) and there were no votes for these options. As such, while these are plausible alternatives from a tokenomics design perspective, there appears to be little consensus to move towards such options.

3 Likes

thank your answer ;现在之后CAKE的经济模型,会像BNB一样吗?通缩也是有上限的并不是无限的

1 Like

I come here to comment and be part of this new revolution that I am sure PancakeSwap will begin, to thank you for this incredible proposal, and to congratulate the team behind it for the good work. I say it very honestly, I have followed and I have been in the project since practically the beginning, and I am sure that with this and everything that is being prepared in addition, we will be able to see historic ATHs and against all bad odds that could have occurred at some point. Thank you! Personally, it is one of the few memories that I share of something I did in common with my father, and brother, and maybe thanks to Cake we will meet again… And I want to leave this message here, for history and to be able to read it again when I need it. My most sincere good wishes and congratulations for these end-of-year holidays, I am sure that we will be blessed this coming new year. Go for everything! Greetings, TikiTiki.

3 Likes

因为我不熟悉BNB的通缩模式的细节, 我无法做个很好的比较。 对于 PancakeSwap,如果协议持续增长,我们不认为通缩需要有上限

[ENG]
I cannot make a comparison with the BNB deflation model as I’m not familiar with the details of how they conduct their burns. However, for PancakeSwap we don’t see why there needs to be an upper limit for deflation if the protocol is still growing

2 Likes

Why 450m our community is split because to agresief deflation and people was locked for 1 year! And now do you want 450m hard top because maybe you wanna make inflation in the farms!!! Why we have split our community ! For deflation!! Please make the hard top at 400 and nomore inflation !!!

1 Like

Hello,

I am a long time cake holder and user of various products.
I like the general decrease in total supply.
However i find there are many supply votes following each other. With vecake i found first time harder to understand (and still have) what happens when add new cake to stake and extend lock. These type off user questions. And now before vecake and gauges is fully documented we update again to lower supply why not 2 months ago with vecake? Still i mist say i like the decrease i only ask please inform the users in time with some publishing amd please make some clear guides on migration. Extension of lock and adding new cake to vecake so we understand. I think general users wouldnt mind some cake from new blocks allocated to clear info for users. Also all long term projects are creating airdropping and such for holders. Please think on these types off incentives. Since cake emmisions will be lower in future cannot be used as good incentive in ultrasound cake.
Thanks all for reading. If all read and undertood lets work together too make this grate dex once more #1dex on all chains

1 Like

I explained on many occasions. Since cake emmisions are.lower this incentive is gone for holder and staker. So we need other incentives be atracted. Some airdrops to make the token go round more. This way cake dont need more rewards. But we get incentive from other tokens. Now vecake would do that but all projects want control your vecake very risky. We should aim on airdops for all holders/stakers of cake pools and divide equal and token will get value because gems will come out and make the dex grow.

1 Like

Dear @ChefMochi I was there on that proposal as everywhere with important information about PCS strategy. I am writing and taking part because I believe that if team finds what is best for the project and if this is close to what the community wants then it’s a matter of time to level up.
Some times community can not unerstand what is better for them and leave the projects because of this.

On the proposal you mentioned there was no veCake and every week rewards. veCake is amazing and people will love it when they see some better weekly reward. If that happens they will lock much more cakes for more time. If you do not believe it JUST ASK them with a new proposal about it. Ainstain once gave same exams with same questions in two years in a row because the questions were same but the circumstances had changed and thus the answers!

I created a community proposal with this option but this proposal will never have enough voters because it is lost in scam proposals and also I have not followers who know about crypto to share it.

Till now people select the change for some more passive income with less deflation.

Can you please create a similar proposal to test your own what community wants more??

I attach a screenshot with this proposal so you can find it and check it.

Thank you very much for your answers!!!

2 Likes

Good idea !congratulations on next bull run! DEX will rule the world

2 Likes

First of all, I think this is a very good proposal, which can give everyone greater confidence in cake and push it higher and more successfully in this wave. At the same time, many parts of the project must also increase the use of cake, so that it can play a greater role in the amount of 450 million pieces and become a top-level decentralized application in the encryption field.

1 Like

Kindly link the proposal here and the Kitchen will take a look. We are interested to read through and will consider well-written out proposals with strong reasoning for proposed actions that deviate from the current path decided by tokenholders.

I cannot see a screenshot in your post above.

3 Likes

Dear @ChefMochi Here is my proposal:

pancakeswap.finance/voting/proposal/0x43634098cfa3dff3a8943ce27159f2020db09333d6d7b2ebad6167cdcc3eecce?chain=bsc

If you could add such proposal it could be better measured like following plan.

Maybe you could eliminate the weekly deflation by 50% and provide those Cakes as rewards to veCake shareholders. It will be great to have more cakes locked for longer time and still have deflation!

Following the plan and the estimated advantages in my opinion.

NOW
Deflation: -150.000 cakes per week
Rewards for 1000 veCakes: 4 cakes/week
Locked cake amount: :red_circle::arrow_down: Decreasing
Circulating Supply: :red_circle::arrow_up: Increasing
Deflation Impact: :red_circle: Low (because of increased circulating supply)

AFTER
Now
Deflation: -75.000 cakes per week
Rewards for 1000 veCakes: 4+3,75=7,75 cakes/week (:green_circle::arrow_up:+94%)
Locked cake amount: :green_circle::arrow_up: Increasing (Because of rewards)
Circulating Supply: :green_circle: :arrow_down: Decreasing (because of lockings for veCake)
Deflation impact: :green_circle::arrow_up: Higher (because of less circulation supply)

Thank you very much for paying attention to my points I really appreciate it.

I have the feeling that the majority of holders would like this change but we will know only if you create such proposal and announce it so many people will be aware of it. At the end we all want to have the most popular option so more people invest the higher they can!

Regards!

2 Likes

This is nice idea! let’s vote!

1 Like

can you announce it in our Channel?

1 Like

Thanks!

1. Which channel do you mean?
  2. I believe it is better the team evaluate it and if they agree then they will create an official team proposal. That way it would have many voters and we could see what the majority want
2 Likes

Dear chef mochi

Let me be honest with you
In my opinion, the main problem is the lack of effective use of cake tokens
By reducing the number of coins in the long run, it will not be effective to increase the value of the cake token Cake must have its own blockchain, if you reduce the total number of coins to 100 million, investors will not be attracted if the project is not strong.

1 Like

yes do it. burn tokens

2 Likes